Position : Tax Manager
Status : Full time
Office: Downtown Montreal
SdM Chartered Professional Accountants Inc. (www.sdmaccounting.com), collaborating member of Andersen Global, is looking for an experienced tax professional interested by a professional experience in a growing firm and by Canadian and international tax challenges.
Reporting to the Partners of the firm, the Tax Manager is responsible for compliance and planning tax mandates including but are not limited to:
- Tax advisory;
- Tax compliance;
- In charge of government tax audits and tax planning.
The chosen candidate will possess an excellent aptitude for communication, be able to work independently as well as in a team. He possesses a high level of critical judgment, has an analytical spirit and possesses excellent interpersonal skills.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Be in charge of tax compliance files for corporate clients including the preparation and/or review of quarterly or annual tax provision calculations, corporate income tax returns, treaty based returns and surplus calculations;
- Manage international tax compliance for clients through the preparation and/or review of T1134 and T106 forms;
- Assist in the conception and the implementation of Canadian and international tax planning;
- Assist in the tax planning of cross-border merger and acquisitions;
- Carry out due diligence examinations of Canadian companies during domestic or cross-border acquisitions;
- Act as a consultant during tax audits;
- Be a mentor to tax advisors;
- Act as consultant to respond to any ad hoc questions by clients of the firm;
- Coordinate with participants when it comes to transfer pricing, scientific research and experimental development (SRED) and indirect taxes.
- CPA designation;
- 5 to 7 years of relevant experience in an accounting firm or other, experience in a major accounting firm is an asset;
- Have completed or be registered for a Masters degree in taxation or to the CICA In-depth advanced courses in taxation or equivalent;
- Bilingualism a must (French and English);
- Team spirit, organization skills, project management experience in a fast paced and dynamic environment;
- Judgment and autonomy.
- A friendly, respectful and dynamic working environment;
- Our offices are located in the heart of downtown Montreal, at Peel metro station;
- An environment that supports and encourages professional development;
- Possibility of travelling internationally;
- Advancement opportunities.
Please send your application to: email@example.com
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
* The masculine gender is used throughout this document without bias, in the interest of simplicity and ease of reading.